Base Membership (free)
Open to any student or licensed professional from the USA, Canada, or Mexico who has an interest in myopia control. This includes: Optometry Students, Doctors of Optometry and Ophthalmology, and Opticians.
Benefits of Base Membership
- ACCESS TO THE AAOMC EDUCATIONAL VIDEO LIBRARY - a growing resource of lectures on ortho-k and myopia control currently being developed by our membership for our membership.
- ACCESS TO THE AAOMC MEMBERS ONLY FORUM - Our private, members-only google group brings you cutting edge fitting updates, troubleshooting tips, references for current publications, practice management tips and interaction with Ortho-K colleagues around the world.
- FIRST ACCESS TO AAOMC SPECIAL EVENTS AND WEBINARS - Attendance and registration opportunities for AAOMC special events are always offered to our members first.
- QUARTERLY INFORMATIVE NEWSLETTERS - Stay up to date and informed on current articles written by our members
- COMMUNITY - Support the only industry neutral global effort devoted entirely to the practitioner. Join your forward-thinking colleagues and learn how orthokeratology and myopia control can change your life and your practice.
- BASE MEMBERSHIP IS FREE! - so why not?
Standard Membership ($399)
Open to any licensed professional from the USA, Canada, or Mexico who has an interest in myopia control. This includes: Doctors of Optometry and Ophthalmology, and Opticians. The cost of a standard membership is $399.00 US and runs for one year.
BENEFITS OF Standard MEMBERSHIP
- BASE MEMBERSHIP - Everything included with base membership is available to standard members.
- CERTIFICATE OF MEMBERSHIP - Displaying your membership certificate identifies you as a member of the AAOMC. Showing your devotion to myopia control, orthokeratology, and combating the myopia epidemic.
- WEBSITE LISTINGS FOR YOUR PRACTICES - Website listings for your practices and your professional profile in our Membership Directory. The AAOMC website is one of the leading search tools for patients looking for Ortho-K doctors. Just one Ortho-K referral from our site pays for your membership!
- DISCOUNTS ON VISION BY DESIGN - Standard Members can save up to $100 on Vision By Design, the AAOMC annual education meeting. A leading corneal reshaping, myopia control and scleral lens meeting.
- DISCOUNTS ON AAOMC PRODUCTS - AAOMC Standard Members enjoy special discounts on our store items; Patient Brochures in English, Spanish, and Chinese, Dispensing Mats, Ortho-K Book, etc.
- FELLOWSHIP OPPORTUNITY - A Fellowship (FIAOMC) with the AAOMC is the gold standard in orthokeratology, a prestigious designation and acknowledgement of commitment to the profession, experience and accomplishments.
- CONTENT CREATION - Lend your expertise to the AAOMC's growing library of lecture videos, blogs, webinars and podcasts. Our academy is focused on educating our fellow practitioners. Join us and become a part of the AAOMC legacy!
Other Membership Options
Membership in the AAOMC is intended for clinicians, students, and professionals based out of the USA, Canada, and Mexico. However, we do have additional membership options available under special circumstances as follows..
+ OUT OF SECTION MEMBERSHIP
The AAOMC is one section of an International community called the IAOMC. Applicants who are not based out of the USA, Canada, or Mexico may still join the AAOMC but are required to join the section of the IAOMC that represents them first. Applicants who want to join the AAOMC in addition to their base section may do so, provided that they are a current member in good standing of their origin section. Find your section (click here) The cost of an out of section membership is $399.00 US, runs for one year and includes the same benefits as a standard membership. To become an Out Of Section Member CONTACT US.
+ Academic MEmbership
If you are a full time professor, scientist, or researcher employed by an academic institution related to Optometry or Ophthalmology you may qualify for AAOMC Academic Membership. To find out if you qualify to become an Academic Member CONTACT US.
+ RETIREE MEMBERSHIP
If you are an AAOMC Member looking to retain some of your Standard Membership benefits upon retirement we do offer a Retiree Membership with less benefits at a reduced rate. Retiree membership runs for one year. To transfer your Standard Membership to a Retiree Membership CONTACT US.